Recycling and sale of polymers in Ukraine
Polymer products are very popular today, due to the numerous positive properties and lower cost, compared to similar products from other materials. Their only significant drawback is the polymers are practically biodegradable. For example, the complete disintegration of a thin plastic bag occurs in 100 – 200 years, depending on the brand and density. Due to the protection of the environment from clogging polymer waste, polymer recycling is an urgent and important task nowadays.
Types of polymers suitable for recycling
A large part of plastic waste is packaging. It is the most demanded production which is in great demand today. It extends the service life of the products stored in it, and allows to present them to the buyer in a favorable light, thanks to its attractive appearance. After using the product, its packaging is dumped, and requires disposal.
Containers are made of virgin raw materials, which are associated with sanitary and hygienic requirements. However, not all materials of this type are recyclable, but only those related to thermoplastics, which are able to return to their original state after repeated heating and cooling without loss of physical characteristics. These include:
• polyethylene and materials made of it;
• polyethylene terephthalate (PET);
• polyvinyl chloride, or PVC;
The processing of recycled polymers includes two types of raw materials:
the remains of materials from virgin raw materials formed during the production of a certain type of product, and characterized by the absence of impurities;
household waste or used products (they may include disposable tableware, bags, polyethylene window, and door profiles or plastic bottles – such raw materials are contaminated and require more effort and resources for recycling).
Main methods and stages of polymer processing
Nowadays, there are two main methods of recycling of polymer products:
The first method involves grinding the prepared raw material into a crumb or powder, followed by melting and casting the required forms.
The following technologies are used in the physicochemical method:
granulation of polymers by cold or hot method.
re-precipitation from solutions used to produce composite materials;
chemical modification, which involves giving new physical and chemical properties to the material;
The most common method is a mechanical one, which provides the phased implementation of the following technological operations:
1. Grinding of raw materials and its preparation: this stage of work includes the separation of plastics by types by different methods (flotation, chemical method, electrical method and others), as well as their washing and drying;
2. Agglomeration, which is used to give the material plasticity, to facilitate its punching through the forming head of the extruder (screw or disc);
3. Granulation, involving the addition of dyes and various additives that allow obtaining a product of the desired quality, as well as the formation of polymer granules used for the manufacture of foils, bags and other products.
The following process equipment is usually used for the production of recycled polymers:
• shredders for primary crushing;
• designed for more thorough grinding of raw materials;
• belt conveyor;
• washing lines with tanks for washing raw materials;
• dispensers and mixers;
• dryers operating at temperatures up to + 130 ° C;
• granulator, in which the raw material is compacted, and acquires the final shape.
FLEXX LLC is engaged in recycling and sale of polymers in Ukraine. We use recycled and virgin raw materials to produce granules of polyethylene and polypropylene, PET flakes and synthetic fibers, which one can buy at the best price in Ukraine. All our products are manufactured on modern equipment and meet European quality standards.